Annews24.comTop 10 Birds in the verge of extinction
here is the Top 10 Birds in the verge of extinction
- The Arabian Ostrich is such an extinct species.
- Found in the desert plains of Arabia around the Syrian Desert.
- Hunted and killed for meat.
- People’s malicious nature and nature is not exactly the match made in heaven.
- Found in the Areas of North America.
- Hunted for meat.
- A 36cms long species.
- Weight – 600 grams
- Found in New Zealand.
- Existence of this bird was recorded by the European settlers in the 1840s.
- Male bird is smaller than female.
7. STEPHEN ISLAND’S WREN
- A nocturnal and insectivorous, flightless bird, the Stephen Island’s Wren inhabited the lands of the Stephen Islands, in the shrubbery and the forestland of that area.
- The bird, that was found in abundant has a very unbelievable story behind their extinction.
- The lighthouse keeper’s cat- Tibbles can be blamed for being the reason behind the extinction of this species of bird.
- Although it is unbelievable to consider that a cat is the reason behind the extinction of such a huge number of birds belonging to this species, but it can be stated without doubt that this cat is the reason why majority of these birds had disappeared.
6.CHATHAM ISLAND’S PENGUIN
- In 19th century it is record as extinct bird.
- Making Cross breeding among other species of penguins.
- And hence prove their existence.
5. TASMANIAN EMU
- The external features and the traces of certain behaviors of this sub specie of the bird can be found on the other mainland emus.
- The Tasmanian emu had been hunted down and killed for meat.
4. IVORY BILLED WOODPECKER
- Found in the south-eastern forest regions of United States.
- Twenty inches in length and thirty inches in wingspan.
3. GREAT AUK
- First of all, it is a large flightless species of penguin.
- Found in the icy regions of the North Atlantic Islands.
- And Weight – 5kgs.
- In addition,These birds hunted down for their meat.
- The Carolina Parakeet was the most colorful and the most social birds of all.
- Found in coastal plains of Alabama.
- In addition Birds were hunt down, since they were considered pests by the farmers.