Com-me.com, Cholesterol is one of the most important molecules in your body.
Often condemned by major doctors and the media, cholesterol serves many functions, including: the integrity and function of the cell membrane; vitamin D production; digestion (this is a large component of the bile); Forced hormones such as testosterone, estrogen, progesterone and cortisol.
Cholesterol is so important. Why are eggs containing cholesterol? Try to form chicken without it!
Is there such a thing as the perfect cholesterol level?
The truth is that total cholesterol has very little to do with life and dying. Studies confirm that between 160 and 260 years, a very small difference in mortality.
Your perfect cholesterol level is different from your best friend, your spouse and your neighbor.
Fast, LDL is considered “bad” cholesterol and HDL “good” cholesterol. But this version of the story is fake. People and animals have LDL and HDL for a reason. Both serve the immune system and transport vital nutrients (such as cholesterol and fat soluble vitamins) for a reason.
The relationship between cholesterol and cancer
Let’s look at the data showing that higher cholesterol gives a lower risk of cancer …
Prostate cancer – Patients subjected to radiation and prostatectomy are better off with higher levels of LDL. Those with the highest LDL had a 33% less recurrence of cancer than those with the lowest levels of LDL
Lung cancer – A recent study has shown that those with lung cancer and the highest levels of cholesterol had a 67% lower risk of dying.
Breast Cancer – Women with the highest levels of cholesterol had the lowest risk of breast cancer. In fact, this number was lower by 30%. The same study showed that women had a 39% lower risk of melanoma and a 39% lower risk of lymphoma / leukemia when their cholesterol levels were greatest.
Pancreatic cancer – Men with the highest cholesterol had a 48% lower risk of pancreatic cancer together with a 33% lower risk of non-melanoma skin cancer, 86% lower risk of liver cancer / gall bladder, and 32% lower risk of lymphoma and leukemia.
Colon cancer – Studies show that those with higher levels of cholesterol are protected against colon cancer compared to those with lower levels.
Find your perfect cholesterol level (and reduce the risk of cancer)
Total cholesterol as a measure was 70s of the last century. If your doctor measures this, ask for an advanced lipid test.
This would include LDL particles and HDL particles. You need to know the number of particles and the size of the particles. These measurements are much more relevant than total cholesterol, total LDL, and total HDL. In fact, the ratio of LDL particles to HDL particles is the best predictor of all lipid parameters.
Remember, we can not live without cholesterol and this fact is not surprising given all the functions it serves.
LDL and HDL have a unique purpose in the body. We encourage everyone to find their perfect cholesterol and perfect lipids.
Here’s the Top 10 list for achieving perfect cholesterol numbers
- Eat organic. Paleo food (real, whole food). It worked for our ancestors, it will work for you. Cholesterol in food does not increase the risk of heart disease, why would it increase the risk of cancer?
- Get sleep. Lipids like cholesterol are made while we sleep. For thousands of years, we slept with the sunset and woke up with the sunrise.
- Get sunshine. The sun turns cholesterol into vitamin D. The lack of solar radiation is equal to the excess of cholesterol production. More sunshine means more vitamin D and lower risk of cancer.
- Exercise. Physical activity keeps lipids under control. Physical activity reduces the risk of cancer.
- Get adjusted. Your local chiropractor repairs more than pain in the back. By correcting spinal subluxations results in the balance of the autonomic nervous system. This leads to an excellent organ function.
- Get hydrated. The quality of drinking water ensures that your cells are bathing in health. The molecules of water make up over 99% of the molecules in the body.
- Get grounded. Take the energy from the earth to fill the body. Good things happen to those walking / standing barefoot.
- Stay away from the environmental pollutant. Toxins and heavy metals lead to inflammation, and inflammation leads to excess lipid production. Clean air, clean water, clean food and clean environment.
- Get evidence-based additions. Some of my favorites are spirulina, garlic and berberin, but nothing is more important than probiotics. Read about bergamot.
- Advanced tests. Total cholesterol is the medicine of “old school”. You need to know the number and size of LDL and HDL particles.
What about pharmaceutical products?
Corporate America likes to promote a better life through chemistry.
To be honest, there is literature that supports drugs such as aspirin and statins that reduce the risk of cancer.
But do people get cancer because of a pharmaceutical defect? Obviously not.
Cancer has a cause. Heart disease has a cause. Find the cause and you will have a cure.